Presentation of conference “Investment of underground natural gas storage in solving the supply security issues” on 22 November
The unified natural gas transmission and storage operator JSC “Conexus Baltic Grid” has started a discussion about the creation of sustainable operation model or Inčukalns underground storage (Inčukalns UGS). If no new operation regulation is not introduced, there is a risk that the future is not able to perform the entrusted strategic object functions of national importance in future ensuring the energetic safety and independence of Latvia.
The industry experts and decisionmakers discussed last week about the necessity of sustainable solution in the conference “Investment of underground natural gas storage in solving the supply security issues” organized by the initiative of JSC “Conexus Baltic Grid”. During the conference, the current situation in Latvian market was discussed and international experience from France, Hungary, Poland was listened where the natural gas storage operators have faced problems similar to those currently present in Latvia. The conference participants were of the same opinion that the solution must be found.
Presentations of conference can be found in the below attached documents:
- Situation in Latvia after opening of market – Zane Kotāne, Chairwoman of the Board of JSC "Conexus Baltic Grid";
- Measures for sustainable storage of gas in the market - Perizat Ybrayeva, Deputy Secretary general, Gas Infrastructure Europe (GIE), Belgium;
- France – legal regulation - Edith Hector, Head of superficial gas division, CRE, France;
- Hungary – legal regulation - Edit Farkas, Head of gas supervision and price regulation, MEKH;
- Poland – legal regulation - Wiesław Rokosz, Deputy assistant of gaseous fuel market, URE.